Hibiscus Flower Extract Powder
Hibiscus flower extract powder is a natural extract that is made from the dried flowers of the hibiscus plant (Hibiscus sabdariffa), which is commonly found in tropical regions around the world. The extract is produced by first drying the flowers and then grinding them into a fine powder.
The active ingredients in hibiscus flower extract powder include flavonoids, anthocyanins, and various organic acids. These compounds are responsible for the extract's anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial properties.
It can be used for various purposes, including improving heart health, lowering blood pressure, and aiding in weight loss. Hibiscus extract powder is high in antioxidants and is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It can be consumed as a tea, added to smoothies or other drinks, or taken in capsule form as a dietary supplement.
|Product Name||Organic Hibiscus Extract|
|Appearance||Intense dark burgundy-red color fine powder|
|Botanical Source||Hibiscus sabdariffa|
|Active ingredient||Anthocyanin, Anthocyanidins, Polyphenol, etc.|
|Solvent Used||Water / Ethanol|
|Solubility||soluble in water|
|Main Functions||Natural Color and Flavor for food and beverage; Blood lipids, blood pressure, weight loss, and Cardiovascular health for dietary supplements|
|Specification||10%~20% Anthocyanidins UV; Hibiscus Extract 10:1,5:1|
Certificate of Analysis/Quality
|Product Name||Organic Hibiscus Flower Extract|
|Appearance||Dark violet fine powder|
|Odor & taste||Characteristic|
|Loss on drying||≤ 5%|
|Ash content||≤ 8%|
|Particle size||100% through 80 mesh|
|Lead ( Pb )||≤ 0.2 mg/L|
|Arsenic ( As )||≤ 1.0 mg/kg|
|Mercury ( Hg )||≤ 0.1 mg/kg|
|Cadmium ( Cd )||≤ 1.0 mg/kg|
|666 (BHC )||Meet USP requirements|
|DDT||Meet USP requirements|
|PCNB||Meet USP requirements|
|Molds & yeasts||≤ NMT1,000cfu/g|
|Escherichia coli||≤ Negative|
Hibiscus flower extract powder is a popular natural supplement that offers a wide range of health benefits. Key product features of this product include:
1. High Anthocyanidins Content - The extract is rich in anthocyanidins, which are powerful antioxidants that help to protect the body from free radicals. The extract contains between 10-20% anthocyanidins, making it a potent antioxidant supplement.
2. High Concentration Ratios - The extract is available in different concentration ratios, such as 20:1, 10:1, and 5:1, which means that a small amount of extract goes a long way. This also means that the product is highly cost-effective and offers excellent value for money.
3. Natural Anti-Inflammatory Properties - Hibiscus flower extract powder contains natural anti-inflammatory compounds that help to reduce inflammation in the body. This makes it an effective supplement for managing inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, and other chronic, inflammatory conditions.
4. Potential to Lower Blood Pressure - Research has shown that hibiscus flower extract powder may help to lower blood pressure levels. This makes it an effective supplement for individuals with hypertension or other cardiovascular conditions.
5. Versatile Usage - Hibiscus flower extract powder can be used in a variety of applications, such as dietary supplements, skincare products, and hair care products. Its natural color makes it ideal as a natural food coloring agent.
Hibiscus flower extract powder offers a range of potential health benefits, including:
1. Supports Immune System - Hibiscus flower extract powder is a rich source of antioxidants that help to neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells. This can help to support a healthy immune system.
2. Reduces Inflammation - The anti-inflammatory properties of hibiscus flower extract powder may help to reduce inflammation in the body, which can help to alleviate symptoms of chronic conditions such as arthritis, and other inflammatory diseases.
3. Promotes Heart Health - Research has shown that hibiscus flower extract powder may help to lower blood pressure levels, which can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. It may also help to lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
4. Aids Digestion and Weight Management - Hibiscus flower extract powder can help to support healthy digestion and metabolism. It has a mild laxative effect and can help to promote bowel regularity. It may also help to suppress appetite, which can be beneficial for weight loss.
5. Supports Skin Health - Hibiscus flower extract powder is rich in antioxidants and has natural astringent properties, which make it an effective ingredient in skincare products. It can help to soothe the skin, reduce inflammation and redness, and promote a healthy glow. It may also help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Hibiscus flower extract powder offers a wide range of potential application fields due to its various benefits. These application fields include:
1. Food and Beverage Industry - It can be used as a natural coloring or flavoring agent in a range of food and beverage products, including teas, juices, smoothies, and baked goods.
2. Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements - It is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, which makes it an ideal ingredient for nutraceuticals, dietary supplements, and herbal remedies.
3. Cosmetics and Skincare - Its natural astringent properties, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory compounds make it a popular ingredient in various skincare and cosmetic products, including creams, lotions, and serums.
4. Pharmaceuticals - Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, hibiscus flower extract powder is a potential ingredient in pharmaceuticals used to treat inflammatory diseases.
5. Animal Feed and Pet Food Industry - It can also be used in animal feed and pet food to support the digestive and immune health of animals.
In summary, the versatile benefits of hibiscus flower extract powder make it suitable for application in various industries, and it has emerged as a valuable ingredient with potential uses in many fields.
Here is the chart flow for the production of hibiscus flower extract powder:
1. Harvesting - Hibiscus flowers are harvested when they are fully grown and mature, usually in the early morning hours when the flowers are still fresh.
2. Drying - The harvested flowers are then dried to remove excess moisture. This can be done by spreading the flowers out in the sun or using a drying machine.
3. Grinding - The dried flowers are then ground into a fine powder using a grinder or mill.
4. Extraction - The hibiscus flower powder is mixed with a solvent (such as water, ethanol, or vegetable glycerin) to extract the active compounds and nutrients.
5. Filtration - The mixture is then filtered to remove any solid particles and impurities.
6. Concentration - The extracted liquid is concentrated to increase the potency of the active compounds and reduce the volume.
7. Drying - The concentrated extract is then dried to remove any excess moisture and create a powder-like texture.
8. Quality Control - The final product is tested for purity, potency, and quality using various methods such as high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and microbial testing.
9. Packaging - The hibiscus flower extract powder is packed in airtight containers, labeled, and ready for distribution to retailers or consumers.
Packaging and Service
Storage: Keep in a cool, dry, and clean place, Protect from moisture and direct light.
Lead Time: 7 days after your order.
Shelf Life: 2 years.
Remark: Customized specifications also can be achieved.
Payment and Delivery Methods
Under 100kg, 3-5Days
Door to door service easy to pick up the goods
Over300kg, Around 30 Days
Port to port service professional clearance broker needed
Airport to airport service professional clearance broker needed
Hibiscus Flower Extract Powder is certified by ISO, HALAL, KOSHER, and HACCP certificates.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
While hibiscus is generally safe for consumption and has many health benefits, there are some potential side effects to be aware of, especially when taking high doses. These may include:
1. Lowering of blood pressure: Hibiscus has been shown to have a mild blood-pressure-lowering effect, which can be beneficial for people with high blood pressure. However, in some cases, it may cause blood pressure to drop too low and lead to dizziness or fainting.
2. Interference with certain medications: Hibiscus can interfere with some medications, including chloroquine, used to treat malaria, and some types of antiviral drugs.
3. Stomach upset: Some people may experience stomach upset, including nausea, gas, and cramping, when consuming hibiscus.
4. Allergic reactions: In rare cases, hibiscus may cause an allergic reaction, which can result in hives, itching, or difficulty breathing.
As with any herbal supplement, it is important to talk to your healthcare provider before taking hibiscus extract, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.
Hibiscus flower powder is made by grinding dried hibiscus flowers into a fine powder. It is typically used as a natural food coloring or flavoring agent, as well as in traditional medicine as a remedy for a variety of health conditions.
Hibiscus flower extract powder, on the other hand, is made by extracting the active compounds from hibiscus flowers using a solvent, such as water or alcohol. This process concentrates the beneficial compounds, such as antioxidants, flavonoids, and polyphenols, into a more potent form than hibiscus flower powder.
Both hibiscus flower powder and hibiscus flower extract powder have health benefits, but hibiscus flower extract powder may be more effective due to its higher concentration of active compounds. However, it is important to note that hibiscus flower extract powder may also have a higher risk of potential side effects if taken in large amounts. It is best to consult with a healthcare provider before using either form of hibiscus as a dietary supplement.